Monday, February 15, 2010

Faux Leather Mini Wallet

Faux Leather Mini Wallet
This is a fun project that was easy to do! I wanted something the size for Petite Perks stamp set (3 1/2" sq.), plus a little note. Starting with a 4" x 10" strip of cardstock and using my Cuttlebug I created the faux leather background for the outside of the wallet. I also used a stamp pad for a bit of distressing. Next I scored for the folds. From the left edge I scored at 2 1/2", 3", 7", 7 1/2". Adhere a strip of Background & Texture paper to create the lining of the wallet. The side gusset is made by scoring a 1 1/2" x 2 1/2" piece of cardstock as 1/4" intervals to create the folds. Glue the gusset to the sides to create the pouch. A corner rounder on the front flap adds a nice touch.
The way you close the wallet can be done in a variety of ways. Here I simply used 2 brads and some floss. Embellish as desired and you've got a very cute way to give a little gift! By adjusting your sizes and scoring measurements you can make this idea work for any number of gifting ideas! Enjoy!

2 comments:

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...