Sunday, February 27, 2011

Heritage Layout


I just finished this layout and thought I'd share! The photos are of my grandparents, aunt, uncles and mother...all in their younger years. I had seen this color combo in a sample shown on Jeanette Lynton's blog and really loved it for the heritage photos. My photos are in sepia and go well with the Sunset color used in the layout. I've also used one of our new stamp sets...a very pretty lacey look. The scallop edges you see are actually our new Kraft Color Ready Borders. They are easy to use and so much fun! I've inked them to match the cocoa cardstock on the layout! I've also used our newest How-To book...Magic. This is a great tool and gives you all the help you need to create beautiful layout. The special thing about our Magic book is that the layouts can be interactive!
But the best part of all were the memories these photos brought while I was creating the layouts. 

Here's a list of supplies I used for this layout:
Magic
D1472 Simple Memories
Cardstock: Colonial White, Sunset, Heavenly Blue, Cocoa
Ink: Cocoa, Sunset 
Embossing: Versamark, Cocoa powder, heat tool
Kraft Color-Ready Borders
Mocha Opaques
sponge

Thanks for looking!
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #573

Are you ready for a new sketch from Atlantic Hearts? Well here you go! This sketch is so versatile and allows for so many interpretations. I...