Monday, August 4, 2014

CTMH Blog Boosters--New Product Blog Hop



Let the New Product Blog Hop begin! It's so much fun working with the new products and sharing the creations with you here! I am really pleased with how this 5"x7" card turned out. I love the colors and I can almost hear the cry of the seagulls and water lapping against the beach.


This image is from our new Seaside Greetings set. I knew I wanted to use only a little wash of color on the image. I paired it with paper from the Seaside paper pack....I LOVE this weathered wood pattern! The color wash was done with a water pen. A blending pen works well, too. I'm just better at using the water pen. Just pick up a bit of ink from the inside of the ink pad case. Hint: squeeze the stamp pad case before opening to get some ink on the lid. Then just lightly add some ink to your image. Start light as you can always add more. When finished I use the Edge Distresser to rough up the edges on the image layer to give it a more rustic feel.

--Seaside Greetings stamp set
--Seaside paper pack
--CS-Colonial White, Desert Sand, Glacier (new color)
--Ink-Desert Sand, Lagoon, Glacier
--Edge Distresser
--Bitty Sparkles
--3D Foam
--Blending Pen

My website is open 24/7....you can even shop in your jammies!

Have a great day!
Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Very nice card, peaceful and serene. And you have a weathered wood pattern as your blog background too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sheila. I really loved how this turned out.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Stencil Card ~ Color Dare #594

 Friday means a new challenge from our team at Color Dare! This week you pick at least 3 colors shown in our graphic. See the graphic for th...