Friday, July 31, 2015

Color Dare #153 ~ Sunset, Hollyhock & Olive + White Daisy

Are you ready for a new Color My Heart Color Dare? Well here you go!

The colors this week are Sunset, Hollyhock and Olive with White Daisy. I immediately thought of the pinks and oranges you see in a sunset! Here is what I did to create that feeling.

Using an image from Brushstrokes, I stamped a 2nd generation image in Sunset and then Hollyhock. Then I stamped 1st generation images in the same colors, stacking them on top of each other. This created my sunset feeling. The tree is stamped in Olive as well as the ground below it. That's it! Very quick and easy and oh so pretty.


All products are Close To My Heart: (click to see image)
--Cardstock: White Daisy, Hollyhock, Sunset, Olive (R)
--Ink: Hollyhock, Sunset, Olive (R)

(R) = retiring August 2015

Son't forget to check the Retired Items and While Supplies Last sections!


Now it's your turn! If you don't have the exact colors use something close. Click here to see what the other Design Team members created to inspire you. This color dare will be open until Thursday at 9:00pm CDT. Details on how to join are in the sidebar of our home page.

Happy Creating!
Michelle

5 comments:

  1. I really like the way you used the second generation stamping for the background and then the olive for the ground. It looks so cool as you don't realize it is the same stamp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Catherine! I'm very pleased with how this came out.

      Delete
  2. Fabulous card! Love how you did the background behind the tree. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the atmospheric effect on the background! Beautiful card, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Stencil Card ~ Color Dare #594

 Friday means a new challenge from our team at Color Dare! This week you pick at least 3 colors shown in our graphic. See the graphic for th...