Friday, October 21, 2016

Color Dare 216 ~ Canary, Fern, Goldrush, Poppy, Peacock, Slate, Whisper and White Daisy

Welcome to a new Color My Heart color dare! Today we're challenging you with the colors featured in the Swan Lake paper pack. There is quite the variety of colors in this combo, isn't there!

I have to confess to something. I looked all over for my pack of Swan Lake paper only to discover I hadn't ordered yet! I was stumped for a bit as to what I was going to create without having all the colors conveniently displayed in the Swan Lake papers! After a few deep breaths I thought about the fact ALL those colors are also in the new Fundamentals packs and I had those on hand. I sorted out the colors I needed and went to work. The grey layer you see in the middle background is actually from Jeepers Creepers. I cut that to 11 1/2" square and glued it to a piece of black cardstock. I used the outer edge of the grey as a guide for placing my other square around the page! The letters at the bottom were adhered with Liquid Glass. If you're like me, you have a hard time getting just a tiny dot on small things and end up smearing some in places you don't want it to be! My solution to that was to cover the letters in Liquid Glass! It hid my smears AND gave the letters some dimension and pop! I also inked the edges of all the papers to define each square since they are right next to each other.



All products are Close To My Heart:
--Fundamentals: Enchantment, Whimsy
--Jeepers Creepers paper pack
--Cardstock: Black
--Exclusive Inks: Black
--Cricut Artbooking
--Liquid Glass
--Silver Sequins
--Journal Pen

If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you want to BE a consultant I can help with that, too!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now it's your turn! Use these colors to create a paper craft! If you don't have these exact colors just use something close.....but don't add any new colors. Details on how to join the fun are in the sidebar of our home page. While there, check out what the other Design Team members have created to inspire you!



#colordare  #colormyheart  #closetomyheart  #scrapbooklayouts

Have a great....and creative...day!
Michelle

8 comments:

  1. What a fun layout! Love all the paper piecing in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the squares of fundamentals! Great layout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I wasn't heading this way in the beginning, but scrapbooking is an adventure of it's own!

      Delete
  3. Love the variety of the Paper Fundamentals you used, made a great background for your colorful photos...great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely way to showcase so many of the Fundamentals patterns in your sampler quilt type background. Great layout!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...