Friday, October 28, 2016

Color Dare #217 ~ Sweet Leaf, Sunset, Black and White Daisy

Welcome to our current Color My Heart color dare. This week we challenge you with the colors Sweet Leaf, Sunset (retired), Black and White Daisy. Since I no longer had Sunset I substituted our new color Tangerine.

I felt like warming up the Cricut and got busy with Flower Market. I love the results! It's simple in design but makes a nice setting for a photo. The flowers are painted in our Shimmer Brush and the clear sparkles were colored with a ShinHan marker! The edges of the flowers and vine were sponged, too. I also used a Journal Pen to outline around the edge of the page. When I cut the sentiment I cut it in Sweet Leaf and Black. I offset them a tiny bit to create a shadow. There you go! A quick easy and oh so pretty layout perfect for the front page of an album!




All products are Close To My Heart:
--Cricut Flower Market
--Cardstock: Tangerine, Black, Sweet Leaf, White Daisy
--Exclusive Inks: Tangerine, Sweet Leaf
--Tools: Sponge, Glue Stick
--Embellishments: Clear Sparkles, Shimmer Brush-Clear, Journal Pen, Sap Green ShinHan Marker

If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I can help with that, too!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now it's your turn to get your fingers inky and share your creation! Any kind of paper craft will do. If you don't have the exact ink colors just use something close like I did. Details on how to join are in the sidebar of our home page. We love seeing your artwork!

#colordare  #colormyheart  #closetomyheart

Have a great day!
Michelle

9 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Love the doodle lines and the glitter on the flowers is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Donna. The doodle lines were a last minute inspiration.

      Delete
  2. Love the doodling around the border.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad the second line came to me to doodle as a vine.

      Delete
  3. Great layout! Love how shimmery you got your flowers. I also love your doodling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cat. I really love how this one turned out!

      Delete
  4. Love the flowers and how you brushed them with color, and the added embellishments. I often do the same thing with my die-cut sentiments layered to show some outline in the back. Very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely layout, Michelle! I love the sparkly tangerine flowers.
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...