Friday, February 10, 2017

Color Dare #230 ~ Pixie, Saffron, Whisper with White

Isn't this a sunny and bright color dare! The Whisper and White Daisy makes the Saffron and Pixie colors POP! I pulled out my Safari Ballet stamp set and got to work! Actually it was easy since I did a "my version" of the card on page 54 of the Annual Inspirations Book. Hey, that's what the photos are for.....inspiration! You can copy the sample in the photo or use it as a guide to create your own spin on it!

I used watercolor paper and Archival Black ink for the hippo. Isn't she cute! Once the  ink dried I went to work "painting" with a water brush and ink from the cover of the pad. The hippo is popped up a bit on Thin 3D Foam. I also did a watercolor wash to create a shadow for the hippo. This makes her look grounded rather than floating in air.  The stars are from the My Girl Compliments. There is some Shimmer on the tutu, bow and slippers, too.

This was a very easy card to make. I adapted the card on page 54 to fit this color dare. Go ahead and use those samples in the book as a starting point!



All products are Close To My Heart:
  • Stamp Set: Safari Ballet
  • Exclusive Inks: Pixie, Saffron, Whisper
  • Dreamin' Big paper pack
  • Whimsy Fundamentals paper
  • Specialty Paper: Watercolor, White Glitter
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • My Girl Compliments
  • Tools: Waterbrush, Shimmer Brush-Clear, Thin 3D Foam Tape
  • Bitty Sparkles
If you want a little....place an order.
If you want a lot....host a gathering.
If you want it all....become a consultant!




Are you ready to put Color Dare #230 to work? Create a paper craft of your choice and link to our home page. Details for color dare participation are in the Color My Heart home page.

Have fun creating!
Michelle

#colordare  #colormyheart  #closetomyheart

8 comments:

  1. Adorable! Love those white glitter stars and the glitter on the tu-tu is a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so cute. A little glitter goes such a long way and that hippo is just adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is really adorable! I love your assortment of banners and use of Clear Shimmer Brush. This card just makes me smile!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is tu tu cute...love the sparkles. I have this stamp and have not used it yet and now I know why I bought it. Adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. <3 this!!! love the sparkly!!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Cut Out Card ~ Atlantic Heats Sketch Challenge #569

This sketch challenge is pretty simple and easy...... or you can make it more complex. Either way it's fun and creates a pretty card whe...