Friday, November 10, 2017

Christmas Card Blog Hop


It's that time of year so we're having a Christmas Card Blog Hop! We're the same group that does the Stamp of the Month hop so you know you're going to see some great ideas! If you've come from
Gina Brandstetter's blog you're on the right path. Just keep clicking on the links in each post to hop along!

My card is in non-traditional colors....which is my favorite way to go with Christmas cards. I cut a stencil with my paper trimmer for the rectangle. I sponged with Pewter ink to create the background for the trees. Leaving part of the rectangle lighter gives depth. Then I just stamped in Charcoal ink and added some Clear Shimmer Brush for a frosted, snowy look. The layers in the background are Pewter on the left and Silver Foil on the right. The foil doesn't photo well.




Inside of card


All products are Close To My Heart:
  • Stamp Sets: Nature's Wish, First Noel
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Exclusive Inks: Charcoal, Pewter
  • Cardstock: White Daisy, Pewter
  • Specialty Paper: Silver Foil
  • Shimmer Brush-Clear
  • Round Sponge
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I can help with that, too.

Now it's time to hop over to Krista Hershberger's blog for more inspiration.
Thanks for hopping with us!

List of participating consultants

Have a Creative Day!
Michelle 

 #christmascardbloghop #cardmaking #closetomyheart

11 comments:

  1. Love the use of the stencil. Your card looks so wintery. GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! What a terrific idea! Your winter scene is fabulous. (I totally understand the struggle with photographing foil paper...) STUNNING card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, I love the nature scene cards but I am so not good at them at all, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Breathtaking! This card is stunning. Thanks for giving some tips for creating the background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty!! So smart to use Nature's Wish for a Christmas card...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Cut Out Card ~ Atlantic Heats Sketch Challenge #569

This sketch challenge is pretty simple and easy...... or you can make it more complex. Either way it's fun and creates a pretty card whe...