Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Fabulous Birthday Card!

Today I'm sharing a  card I made for several challenges. I love it when I can multitask!

Heart 2 Heart: Use the colors Sugarplum, Sapphire and Sage
Double Trouble: Thing 1- make a sweet treat, Thing 2 - use the Mood Board Thing 3 - any type of sparkly embellishment
Use Your Stuff: draw inspiration from their Mood Board. I used the cake idea.

Once I decided to go with the cake idea from the Mood Board (Thing 2 & Use Your Stuff) and to use the Fabulous Birthday stamp set, somehow the idea came to popped into my mind to show the stages of a cake (Thing 1). Well sort of. LOL I first measured out the compartments for my cake pieces and dry embossed a line to define the boxes. I got busy stamping the individual pieces of cake along with the finished cake on the right side. There is texture paste on the frosting then the candle flame and the frosting are covered in sparkly shimmer from the Clear and Sugarplum Shimmer Brushes (Thing3). The colors all come from the Heart 2 Heart challenge. They said you could add Neutrals so I added Pebble for the frosting.



Close To My Heart products
  • Stamp Set: Fabulous Birthday
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Exclusive Inks: Sugarplum, Sapphire, Sage, Pebble
  • Cardstock: White Daisy, Sapphire
  • Embossing Tool with the Paper Trimmer
  • Shimmer Brushes: Clear, Sugarplum
  • Texture Paste: Matte with a Palette Knife
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I can help with that, too.

Be sure to check out the Double Trouble, Heart2Heart and Use Your stuff. Challenges are FUN!

Thanks for stopping by!

Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #cardmaking #blogchallenges

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Great job! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H).

    Brandi R.
    DT member H2H
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just like a puzzle, put it together and you have a wonderful cake, creative and fun. Love the sentiment inside...lol. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and please come back for our next challenge, and looking forward to pairing and sharing with Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...