Friday, March 15, 2019

Paper Pal Girl Card ~ Color Dare #334

Color Dare #334 is based on colors from our How-to Book called The Love of Color.
Do you have to have the book to participate in the challenge? No you don't because we already picked the colors for you.
We reference Close To My Heart colors but you can use any brand you have as long as it's a close match.

You can make any paper craft you like as long as it uses colors that match those in the grid. For this challenge you must use at least 3 of the colors....or use them all but don't add any new colors to the palette.

Link to the Color My Heart Color Dare home page.

Color Dare #334 is open through Thursday March 28, 2019.

I had so much fun making this card! With the Paper Pal sets the possibilities are endless. It reminds me of when I was young and would play paper dolls with my cousin. It was exciting to cut them out but the best part was playing and changing outfits. With the coordinating Thin Cut dies making these Paper Pals is very easy! See the images at the end of this post.

I started by stamping the Paper Pal base and using the Thin Cuts. Then I sponged a bit of color, stamped clothes, hair and added them. My final touch was to use some of out Gold Sequins as a necklace.  The background was stamped to look like wallpaper and a bit of sponging near the feet ground the girl so she's not floating in air. 



Close To My Heart products
  • Stamp Sets: Paper Pals Base + Thin Cuts, Paper Pal Girl + Thin Cuts, border Medley, Years of Sweetness
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Cardstock: White Daisy, Almond, Lagoon
  • Exclusive Inks: Lagoon, Lilac, Peach, Almond, Sweet Leaf, Espresso
  • sponge
  • Embellishments: Gold Sequins, Gold Flecked Gems
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I can help with that, too.

Are you ready to pick your colors and create something to share? We LOVE seeing your creations! Link to the Color My Heart Color Dare home page to share.

Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #colordare #colormyheart #ctmh #thincuts #cardmaking

Paper Pals Base + Thin Cuts

Paper Pals Girl + Thin Cuts




Year of Sweetness

Border Medley


















6 comments:

  1. Michelle, this is such a darling card, and who didn't like paperdolls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this girl with the gold necklace! Wonderful birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet girl on your card. The colours are lovely. Love the stamped background too!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...