Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Happy Times Challenge ~ Heart 2 Heart

Over at Heart 2 Heart they're having a fun challenge! The challenge is to show your happy time in a card or layout. My youngest grandchild is graduating from Kindergarten soon and that to me is a fun and happy time! I went with a bit of a tongue in cheek considering this is a Kindergarten graduation, but it's fun and makes me happy.

I used a pattern from our How-To book called Make It from Your Heart. That makes it quick and easy! I fussy cut the graduation cap and popped it up a bit with Thin 3D Foam Tape. It's hard to tell in the card image so check the close-up to see the splatter of gold shimmer in the background. I just tapped the Shimmer Brush on my finger to make the splatters. The tassel was made using a Thin Cut Die from the Decorative Borders set. In the image below the one I used is 3rd from the bottom. It's also great for fringe and grass. For the tassel it's just rolled up on itself.





   
Thin Cut Dies - Decorative Borders                                                     Graduation Tassel

Close To My Heart products
  • Stamp Set: Graduation Tassel
  • Paper Suite: I Heart Us
  • Specialty Paper: Gold Glitter paper
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Thin Cut Dies: Decorative Borders
  • Cardstock: White Daisy
  • Exclusive Inks: Intense Black
  • Embellishments: Gold Shimmer Brush, White and Gold Twine, Black Shimmer Ribbon
  • How-To Book: Make It from Your Heart, Vol. 4, Pattern 4
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I can help with that, too.

I had a lot of fun creating this card for my grandson. It made me happy to think about the smile that will be on his face when he receives it. So there is A LOT of happy with this card!

Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #cardmaking #heart2heartchallenge #ctmh

3 comments:

  1. I love that sentiment and the gold tassel is the perfect finishing touch. Great card for the HAPPY challenge at H2H! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card and love the tassel! Thank you for joining us at Heart 2 Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tassel. It's perfect for the occasion!

    Thanks for playing with us at Heart 2 Heart!
    Melissa Robinson
    Design Team

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...