Friday, April 12, 2019

Love So Sweet Quilt Card ~ Color Dare #338

Color Dare #338 is based on colors from the inspirational photo to the right. In our challenges we reference Close To My Heart colors but you can use any brand you have as long as it's a close match. In this case, whatever colors you see in the photo you can use but do not add any additional colors.

You can make any paper craft you like as long as it uses colors that match those in the photo to the right. Do not add any colors not seen in the photo.

Link to the Color My Heart Color Dare home page.

Color Dare #338 is open through Thursday April 25, 2019.

Ooooooohhhhhh I LOVE this card! It's based on a card by Laura Beacham and I just had to make it and put my own spin on it. Let's go.....!

For the flowers I used out April Stamp of the Month: Love So Sweet. It's only available from April 1-30th and I know you're going to want one for yourself because it's SO pretty! There are so many images and sentiments to create with I know you'll use it time and again!

For the flowers I combined two techniques; one that causes a smeared look and the other giving a two tone color look. First I inked the image in Raspberry ink the usual way. Once the stamp was fully inked I pulled it across the stamp pad for the smeared look. Before stamping I then rolled the edges on the Pansy ink pad for the two tone look. THEN I stamped the image. Both techniques give a nice texture to the images either alone or together. All the images were cut out and arranged on the card front.

 The background was made by using the Stitched Quilt Shapes thin Cuts (die cuts).  I cut 4 squares, 6 large triangles and 2 small triangles. The base is 3" x 5". I started in the upper right corner with a small triangle and then just placing the rest of the shapes as needed. It's easy but takes a little time and it's totally worth it!






Close To My Heart products
  • Stamp Set: Love So Sweet - April Stamp of the Month (available April 1-30).
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Cardstock: White Daisy, Pansy
  • Exclusive Inks: Raspberry, Pansy, Clover, Sweet Leaf
  • Thin Cuts: Stitched Quilt Shapes
  • Embellishments: Clear Shimmer Brush, Black & White Dots
  • Thin 3D Foam Tape
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I can help with that, too.

Ok now it's your turn to create and share. Use colors from the grid above and create your paper craft. The link tool is on our home page. Have fun  and we can't wait to see what you create!

Michelle 

#showandtellwithmichelle #colordare #colormyheart #ctmh  #cardmaking #Thincuts



5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card!! I love your quilted background and the texture on your flowers with how you streaked the ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the techniques you used for coloring and that guilted background is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quilted background is lovely. I look forward to getting those quilted shapes. I had resisted up until now.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...