Friday, May 17, 2019

To My Bestie Card ~ Color Dare #343

Welcome to my blog and out Color Dare Color Challenge! If you're new to our color challenges here's the scoop. Every Friday we post a new challenge to inspire you and you can make any paper craft you like. You must use only the colors in the challenge without adding any extra colors to the palate. We reference Close To My Heart colors but you can use whatever brand you have as long as you can make a very close match.  Link your photo to the post on our home page to join the challenge. Have fun with it and let's see what you're inspired to create!

Ok so here is what I made for this challenge. It's inspired by a card made by Laura Beacham. I love her work!I ended up using all the colors in the challenge except silver. You can pick any 3 or more colors in the grid plus Black, White and Greys are free colors to use along with the grid colors. 

I stamped the image in Intense Black ink and colored using a water brush and reinkers. I put a drop or two of reinkers on one of my acrylic blocks and used the water brush to paint the images. When you paint with the reinker you get a more intense hue. You can also paint with the ink in the lid of a stamp pad to get a less intense hue. Play around with it and see what you like! 

After painting the girl image I used a black ShinHan marker to color the background then layered that piece on some white cardstock to frame the image. For the balloons I fussy cut them out. To make it look like they were being held I used an Exacto Knife to cut around the hand so I could lift it up. I slipped the balloon strings underneath and there you go! I also gave a bit of support to the balloons with a piece of Thin 3D Foam Tape. For some sparkle I used the Clear Shimmer Brush on the balloons and on top of the word "celebrate". 

The stamp set, To My Bestie, is our May Stamp of the Month and only available during the month of May. Below is a photo showing you all the great images and sentiments in this set. You can even get it at a great discount price of only $5 with a qualifying purchase. Details are on my website.


               
Shimmer on balloons                                               Inside of card



Close To My Heart products
  • Stamp Set: To My Bestie (available May 1-31, 2019)
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Cardstock: White Daisy. Sugarplum, black
  • Exclusive Inks: Intense Black
  • Reinkers: Sugarplum, Linen, Peacock, Sage
  • Tools: Water Brush, Thin 3D Foam Tape, Clear Shimmer Brush,  Black ShinHan Marker
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I can help with that, too.

Now it's your turn to join in the fun and create a paper craft with the challenge colors. We love being inspired by you! Come back every Friday for a new challenge and don't forget to follow our Facebook page and/or blog.

Have a colorful and creative day!
Michelle

#colordare #colormheart #showandtellwithmichelle #cardmaking #colorchallenge #ctmh

5 comments:

  1. Love that image and a great layout with the Besties and like the added balloons along the border that were fussy-cut giving it nice dimension. Fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the balloons with this image! I also really like the besties on the dark as they really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love Laura's artwork... This is beautiful and the hand holding the balloons is just perfect. I just got this stamp and can't wait to use it. What a beautiful card :)

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Thank You ~ Color Dare #597

 Our team at Color Dare has a fun color challenge for you this week. It's nice and bright and we can't wait to see how you use our c...