Friday, June 7, 2019

Where Happiness Blooms layout ~ Color Dare #346

It's Friday so that means a new color challenge from the Design Team at Color My Heart Color Dare!

The colors in the grid were inspired by a page in our How-to book called The Love of Color. It's a great way to pick colors and see combinations you may never have thought about.

We reference Close To My Heart colors but you can use any brand as long as you can make a very close match. Please follow the rules and don't add any extra colors to the palette however in this challenge we're allowing the use of black, white and neutrals (grey & browns).

Create any paper craft you like and have fun!


I decided to go with a layout when I saw the colors in this photo of my granddaughter. It just seemed like a perfect match! I used a pattern paper from the Into the Wild pack layering it on Pewter cardstock and using a White Daisy base for the page. The flower pot and flowers were stamped on Linen cardstock and cut out with the coordinating Thin Cut dies. I did a bit of stamp rolling on the flowers, too. I used 2nd generation Smoothie ink for the flower base then rolled a bit of the flower edge in Candy Apple ink for a pretty two tone look. The level are all 2nd generation New England Ivy ink.


Close To My Heart products
  • Stamp Set: Where Happiness Blooms + Thin Cuts
  • Paper Pack: Into the Wild
  • Cardstock: Pewter, White Daisy, Linen
  • Exclusive Inks: Pewter, New England Ivy, Smoothie, Candy Apple
  • Bitty Sparkles
  • Journal Pen
  • Thin 3D Foam Tape
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I can help with that, too.

Ok now it's your turn. I hope I've inspired you to give our challenge a try! Full details are on our home page. That's where you'll also find the link to join the challenge. Have fun and I can't wait to see what  you create!

Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #colordare #colormyheart #colorchallenge #ctmh #scrapbooking

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful Page, The hero of the page is definitely the gorgeous photo. The flowers at the bottom are lovely addition.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...