Friday, October 4, 2019

Window Sunflower Card ~ Color Dare #363 Tic Tac Toe



It's time for another Tic TacToe Challenge! We love this kind of challenge and know you all do, too! 


So let's get started with the fun and create something to share! 

You can make any paper craft you like. We reference Close To My Heart colors but you can use whatever you have as long as you can make a VERY close match. DO NOT add any new colors to the palette or you will be disqualified and we don't like having to do that! 

Pick a column, row or diagonal of colors. You can even use a couple more colors  from the grid to go with your row, column, etc.  Link your creation to our Color My Heart Color Dare home page.  We can't wait to see what you create!








































I decided to use the left column of colors: Wisteria, Pewter and Julep. I also was inspired by a card made by Amanda Wesley. I made a couple adjustments so the colors would fit the challenge and added some embellishments. 

The Multi Square Window Thin Cut can be found in our Core Catalog and it such a fun item to have! You can use it in so many ways! I stamped the 4 background sunflowers on a piece of white cardstock and a 5th one on another piece of cardstock. I colored the 5th one and the background between the flowers with markers. I added some glitter gems and a vellum butterfly. For the butterfly I used the marker to add some color and bent the wings up. You can see it better in the photo at the top of this post. The inside sentiment came from the Say It in Style stamp set. This incredible stamp set will cover ANY occasion! 



Inside of card                                                                  Sunflower Sympathy + Thin Cuts


  
Strokes of an Artist                                                                             Multi Square Window Thin Cut (4" x 5 1/4")



Other Close To My Heart products used on this card
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Every Little Thing Vellum Die Cuts
  • Cardstock: White Daisy, Julep
  • Exclusive Inks: Intense Black, Wisteria, Julep, Pewter
  • Tri-Blend Markers: Hydrangea, True Black
  • Julep Glitter Gems
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If  you'd like to BE a consultant I'd be happy to have you on my team!

Now it's your turn! Create a paper craft to share using colors from the Tic Tac Toe board above. We can't wait to see what you make! Use the link at the top of the post for our home page.

Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #cardmaking #thincuts 

6 comments:

  1. I remember seeing the original of this idea and I love what you did! The collection of sunflowers is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank it such a super cool card! It softens the large image as though looking through a window. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this design and totally wanted to CASE it! Great card!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...