Friday, November 15, 2019

Paper Layering ~ November Technique Hop

Welcome to our monthly Technique Hop! This month we're featuring a technique called paper layering.  You'll be amazed with all the ideas for paper layering you see on this hop! 

The blog before mine is Tamara Sandwisch.  Click the link at the end of this post to go to the next blog. 

I got my Cricut fired up and logged in to use our Season of Joy collection for my card. I love the look of this card and it features a lot of paper layering. Each different layer was cut in it's own color and then put together to make the scene. I used some foam tape between the light blue and white glitter layers for two reasons. First, it's hard to get things to stick to glitter paper so foam tape is a perfect option. Second, it gives a bit more dimension too the overall look that's hard to see in the photo. After I had the pieces layers and on the card I didn't care for the white surrounding the scene. I got out my Sapphire Shimmer Brush and painted around the layers giving the edges around the card a nice blue shimmer. I also added some clear shimmer around the sentiment and stars along with a few sparkles, too.









Close To My Heart products used on this card
  • Cricut Cartridge: Season of Joy (click the Cricut link in the sidebar to shop)
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Cardstock: Sapphire, Bluebird, Julep
  • Specialty Paper: White Glitter
  • Exclusive Inks: Sapphire
  • Clear Sparkles, Bitty Sparkles
  • Shimmer Brush: Sapphire, Clear
  • Thin 3D Foam Tape
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I'd love to have you on my team!

Now it's time to see what Haley Dyer has created to share with us. Thanks for hopping by. Enjoy the hop!

Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #cardmaking #Cricut #christmascards

8 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card! Thank you for reminding me of this Cricut collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, What Haley said!! Absolutely Gorgeous, LOVE this card and all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card! I love all the shine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card. I love anything that sparkles. Thank you for joining the Technique Blog Hop this month. I can't wait to see what you make next! ☕đŸ’™MissC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. I love the stars and shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card! I love all your colors!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...