Friday, February 21, 2020

Feeling Purple? Color Dare #382

Do you love the color purple? Seems like it's very popular in so many ways. This challenge is all about purple and how you use it to create any paper craft you like. You can also use Black, White and GREY neutrals but don't add any other colors to your creation. When you're ready, link to our Color My Heart Color Dare home page.

This is a birthday card I based on an idea I shared recently done in blue. You can see it here. I really love this stamp set: Shared Happiness especially because you can get it with coordinating Thin Cut Dies! That makes it very easy to get those designs cut out and looking good on your projects.

I stamped in black ink and colored with our TriBlend markers. The markers have 3 shades of the color in each marker making coloring and blending a breeze! Purple for the flowers and grey for the leaves make a very pretty look. The sentiment was stamped in black and then swiped with a purple shimmer brush. I used some Stickles on the flower centers and as dots around the bouquet. the stripes around the outside come from the Build-a-Plaid stamp set. It's a must have for any crafter!


It's hard to photo sparkly elements and do it justice. Here you can see the flower centers and dots in the shadow of my phone. Trust me, it looks beautiful in person!


Sometimes, like when I know I can get away with it, I like to make a card with a beautiful front and put a sassy sentiment on the inside. It's a bit unexpected and adds a laugh.





Shared Happiness + Thin Cuts

Celebrate Today - Cardmaking + Thin Cuts

Build-a-Plaid




Close To My Heart products
  • Stamp Sets: Shared Happiness, Celebrate Today - Cardmaking, Build-a-Plaid
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Cardstock: White Daisy
  • Exclusive Inks: Intense Black, Wisteria
  • Embellishments: Wisteria Shimmer Brush, Diamond Stickles
  • TriBlend Markers: Lavender, Hydrangea, Ice Grey


If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I'd love to have you on my team!

Now it's your turn to create with purple! We can't wait to see what you make and love being inspired by your talent.

Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #colordare #colormyheart #colorchallenge

7 comments:

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...