Friday, February 14, 2020

July 4th Layout ~ Color Dare #381

You know what Friday means! It's time for a new Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge! Each Friday our Design Team gives colors to create with. You can create any paper craft you like and use any brand of supplies even though we reference Close To My Heart colors. Just be sure you can make a VERY CLOSE MATCH to the challenge colors. "Close enough" doesn't count.

I decided to catch up on some of my scrapbooking and use these photos from last 4th of July. This occasion was really special because I had 4 of my 5 grandchildren together for the first time! The colors in the photos inspired me to use the colors of Lagoon, Candy Apple and Glacier from the grid. I stamped the flowers across the bottom from the Cherishing Her stamp set. This set is our February Stamp of the Month and will be available only until February 29, 2020. You can even get this at a huge discount with a qualifying order. Check it out on my website.

I pulled out my How-To book called Make It from Your Heart, Volume 3 and used Pattern 11. The papers are from the Mix-in paper pack. I colored only the flowers I wanted to be Candy Apple and left the rest uncolored. The flower centers are filled in with Black Diamond Stickles to add some sparkle. The title piece was made with my Cricut Hello USA cartridge. I splattered with a couple of Shimmer Brushes on both pages.



Cherishing Her Stamp Set
Available February 1 - 29, 2020







Close To My Heart products
  • Paper Pack: Mix-in
  • Cricut Cartridge: Hello USA
  • Cardstock: White Daisy, Candy Apple, Lagoon, Glacier
  • Exclusive Inks: Intense Black
  • TriBlend Marker: Dark Red
  • How-to Book: Make It from Your Heart, Vol. 3, Pat. 11
  • Embellishments: Black Diamond Stickles/ Shimmer Brush: Red, Lagoon /Red Shimmer Trim/ Silver Thread / Journal Pen
  • Thin 3D Foam Tape
Let's go shopping!
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I'd love to have you on my team!

Check out our home page to see what the other Design Team member created to share. Join in the fun  by creating and linking to our home page. We LOVE to see what you make!

Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #scrapbooking #colordare #colormyheart

7 comments:

  1. Love your layout - especially the continuous string of flowers along the bottom. Great idea to colour only selected ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design, Michelle! The floral border with intermittent coloring is a perfect addition to the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful layout. Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great layout! I love that you used the bouquet of flowers but only highlighted one!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout, love the splattering of inks and the floral with random coloring...beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...