Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Valentine's Day Cards


 Today I created some Valentine cards for the grandkids and I used the Double Trouble challenge of repeating an element on the cards. My repeating element is the plaid background on each card. Now that I think about it the sequins are repeated on each card, too.

I used our fantastic stamp set called Build-a-Plaid for the background. It looks a bit intimidating at first glance but really is easy. Just select one or two images and stamp across the cardstock. Then select another one or two images and stamp going the opposite way and you have a plaid! You don't even have to just make plaids. Use the images as stripes or even just as an accent to other images. The splatters came from tapping a shimmer brush against my finger. It creates a nice splash of color and shimmer all at the same time!

By the way..... there is a huge Stamptacular Sale happening on my website during February!



Build-a-Plaid Stamp Set
On sale for $12.25 in February!
(regular price $18.95)

Say It in Style Stamp Set
On sale for $12.25 in February!
(regular price $18.95)


Close To My Heart products
  • Stamp Sets: Build-a-Plaid, Say It in Style
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Cardstock: White, Lagoon, Pixie, Candy Apple, Carolina, Thistle
  • Exclusive Inks: Intense Black, Pixie, Candy Apple, Lagoon, Thistle, Carolina
  • Stitched Hearts Thin Cut Dies
  • Shimmer Brush: Lagoon, Red, Wisteria
  • Sequins: Crafty (found in the Online Only section of my website)
  • Liquid Glass
Let's go shopping!
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I'd love to have you on my team!

Be sure to check out the challenge at Double Trouble because they always come up with fun ideas!

Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to sign up to follow me so you don't miss any great ideas!

Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #cardmaking #doubletrouble 

2 comments:

  1. Nice set of valentine day cards and glad you included your sequins on each of the card for "Again and Again". Thanks for sharing wit h us at Double Trouble and please come back for future fun challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty valentines, Michelle! You have mastered the art of creating plaid and striped backgrounds with that great stamp set. Thank you for playing along at Double Trouble #49.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #573

Are you ready for a new sketch from Atlantic Hearts? Well here you go! This sketch is so versatile and allows for so many interpretations. I...