Friday, August 7, 2020

Gymnastic Layout ~ Color Dare #406

Welcome to another Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge! Every Friday we share a new idea for using color in your paper craft projects. Here we go........

Pick your colors from the grid below. You must use at least 3 of the colors. Black and White are free but no other neutrals are allowed. We reference Close To My Heart colors but you can use whatever brand you have as long as you can make a very close match. "Kind of close" doesn't count. 

Make any paper craft you like and then use the link on our home page to join the challenge. 

I decided to make a layout with some photos of my granddaughter who is constantly doing gymnastic moves. The brightness of her outfit and the natural outdoor colors go really well with this color palette. So I got to work printing photos and cutting paper. I like the movement in the photos and gave their placement some movement to by staggering the height. 


The flowers were stamped and fussy cut. I did a technique on the large solid flowers that creates a streaked look. To do this I inked up the image then lightly dragged it across the ink pad and stamped it on the cardstock. The streaks are subtle and can be seen better in the close-up below. 


For the bird I painted it with a water brush and ink from the lid of the ink pad. Once dry I used shimmer brushes to give it some sparkle. It's hard to photo the shimmer but you can get the idea in the photo below.  



August Stamp of the Month
(ONLY available August 1 - 31st)



Operation Smile Stamp Set
(ONLY available through August 31st)
With the purchase of this stamp set $7.00 of the purchase price will be donated to Operation Smile to provide surgeries to repair cleft palates and lips. 

Other Close To My Heart products used for this layout.
  • Paper Pack: X9017 Mix-in
  • Cardstock: New England Ivy, Peach, White Daisy, smoothie
  • Exclusive Inks: Intense Black, Toffee, Peach, New England Ivy, Glacier, Smoothie
  • White Pearls
  • Shimmer Brushes: Toffee, Peach
  • Water Brush
  • Cricut for title
Let's go shopping!
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I'd love to have you on my team!

Before you go be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! You can also follow me on Facebook or Pinterest by clicking the tabs in the header.

Now it's your turn to create and share! We love seeing what you create! Have fun!

Michelle


#showandtellwithmichelle #colordare #colormyheart #ctmh #scrapbooking

9 comments:

  1. Great layout! I love how you incorporated the SOTM and the Operation Smile stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful layout and the flowers look so awesome against the checkered paper. Boy I'd like to be able to stretch like that in the morning...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous page. I love all the fussy cutting you did of those flowers. Great way to put those photos into a page layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't this pack of mix ins the best? You can't go wrong with the SOTM either. Love your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout. Love how the colours work together!
    Fabulous make for Color Dare!
    Susan
    Teamie
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #573

Are you ready for a new sketch from Atlantic Hearts? Well here you go! This sketch is so versatile and allows for so many interpretations. I...