Friday, April 16, 2021

Talking Bouquet ~ Crazy 8 Color Dare #440

Welcome to a really fun Color Dare Challenge! It's called Crazy 8 because there are 8 blocks for you to choose from for creating. You must choose 4 of the blocks with black and white being free. Make any paper craft and when you're ready to join the challenge use the link on our Color My Heart Color Dare home page

We reference Close To My Heart colors but you can use whatever brand you have as long as you can make a very close match. Kind of close doesn't count. 

For my card I chose to use the following blocks: Peacock, Desert Rose, New England Ivy and Flowers. the flower stems were all stamped and fussy cut as well as the vase. For the vase I stamp rolled to get the two tone look. If you're not familiar with that technique it's quite easy. Ink your stamp then stamp on scrap paper. Now roll the edge of the stamp on the ink pad. You now have both the 1st and 2nd generation of ink on the stamp! By the way, the green leaves are 2nd generation New England Ivy ink.

The flowers and vase are popped up with foam tape as is the sentiment layer. I find foam tape sticks best on glitter paper. 





Inside of card


Close To My Heart products used for this card.
  • Stamp Set: Talking Bouquet (Rewards Your Way)
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Cardstock: White Daisy, Peacock
  • Exclusive Inks: Peacock, Desert Rose, New England Ivy
  • Specialty Paper: Desert Rose Glitter
  • Embellishments: Rose Gold Sequins
  • Tools: Thin 3D Foam Tape, Tombow Liquid Glue
If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team!

Have you heard about our new VIP Customer Program? As a member you enjoy perks like CTMH Cash on your orders, FREE Stamp of the Month, special product bundles and online events. 

Before you go...... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the column on the right.

I hope you're encouraged to join color challenge! It's a lot of fun and we get you started with the colors.

Michelle 

#showandtellwithmichelle #colordare #colormyheart #colorchallenge #cardmaking #ctmh

9 comments:

  1. Peacock is my favourite colour - I'm getting a new car in that colour!! So I love that you've chosen peacock to feature so predominantly in your card. Great flowers too! So Pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card Michelle. I really like the flowers in a vase. That’s a clever technique for getting the shadow effect. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Michelle. Your inking technique surprised me on that vase. I think it was executed beautifully and a must try for my box of tricks. Thanks for the inspiration teamie..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the vace and your technique for coloring, pretty pop of flowers against the background paper... very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I love the rock-n-roll on the vase.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Cut Out Card ~ Atlantic Heats Sketch Challenge #569

This sketch challenge is pretty simple and easy...... or you can make it more complex. Either way it's fun and creates a pretty card whe...