Thursday, March 9, 2017

Joyful Stars Blog Hop ~ March 2017

Welcome to the Joyful Stars monthly blog hop. This is an anything goes themed hop so you will see a lot of variety in what we share! 

If you've come from Joyce Hock's blog you're on the right path. There are 11 consultants sharing ideas in the hop this month. Just keep clicking on the link in each post to go to the next blog.

I saw this card and knew I needed to stamp lift the idea! Unfortunately I can't find the name of the artist that inspired me to give her credit! To the artist....if you see this contact me and I'll edit to give you credit!

I liked the idea so much I decided to try it in a variety of colors. The background is an overlay with gold patterns. the sentiment is white heat embossed. the tea cups were stamped in Archival ink and colored with ShinHan markers. HINT: to hide the adhesive so it doesn't show on the overlay I just laid the overlay on the card front. Then I used adhesive on the back of the sentiment layer and placed in onto the overlay. Next was using the foam tape on the back of the tea cups and placing that on the overlay. Now that those two layers are on the overlay I turned it over and used adhesive where the image layers were. This hides the adhesive so it doesn't show through! The twine helps keep the "loose" edge of the overlay in the upper left corner stay flat.





The Tea-rrific stamp set is the March Stamp of the Month. This means the stamp set will only be available during March. So get yours now because there are so many cute images in this set!



All products are Close To My Heart:
  • Stamp Sets: Tea-rrific, Birthday Sparkles
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Exclusive Inks: Archival Black
  • Embossing: Exclusive Inks Clear, White Powder, Heat Tool
  • All About the Gold pack
  • Cardstock: White Daisy, Black
  • ShinHan Markers: Peony Purple, Leaf Green, Cherry Pink, Cerulean Blue Light, Black
  • Embellishments: Gold Sequins, Bitty Sparkles, White Twine
  • Thin 3D Foam Tape
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I can help with that, too!

Now it's time to hop to the next blog! Let's go see what Betty Locco has created to share with us! Thanks for hopping by! 

Michelle

#bloghop  #closetomyheart  #joyfulstarsbloghop  #cardmaking

8 comments:

  1. Great cards and good idea for hiding the adhesive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tea cup cards! Looks like you were busy fussy cutting and coloring. Thanks for the adhesive tip too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice cards. Great use of the overlays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW...LOVE your cards, and the overlay....what a FUN addition! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these stacked teacup cards! Great color schemes!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe the artist is Janice Gilhooley. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you liked my card design to scraplift and make more cards. Love what you did with yours. I'm a little bit in love with both the tea cups stamp set and the gorgeous gold foil acetate.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Cut Out Card ~ Atlantic Heats Sketch Challenge #569

This sketch challenge is pretty simple and easy...... or you can make it more complex. Either way it's fun and creates a pretty card whe...