Welcome to a new color challenge from our team at Color My Heart Color Dare! Every Friday we give you a new palette of colors to get you started on a project. We also give you some free colors to use with the challenge colors. BUT, do not add any colors beyond what is listed in the graphic. Make sure your colors are a very close match to those in our graphic.
Make any paper craft you like. When you're ready to join our challenge use the direct link found below the graphic.
Since I decided to use the Festoon Balloons dies a slimline card seemed to be the way to go! I searched on my website for DSP that had the colors of the challenge. Did you know you can do that? Just go to the shop by category feature, pick paper and packaging then pattern paper. Now you go to the little color samples along the side and pick the color(s) you want to find in the DSP. It's an easy way to narrow down what you want when looking for something specific.
Once I found the DSP paper I wanted I got busy die cutting the balloons. I also embossed the balloons for some adde texture. The balloon highlight is a piece of Vellum cut with a die from the set. I used piece of an Adhesive sheet to adhere it to the balloon without a mark.
Hint: you don't have to run the Bakers Twine all the way under the balloons to the bottom of the card. Sine the balloon bottoms are covered I only wrapped three strands and adhered them behind the sentiment layer! I also frayed the ends a bit just for fun using the poker end of the Take Your Pick Tool.
The sentiment layer is popped up on Dimensionals and I added the bow to bring in more of the orange color. Some Rhinestone gems added sparkle.....also just for fun!
![]() |
| Direct link to Color Dare #714 |
Michelle Loncar
Independent Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator
MichelleLoncar.stampinup.net
Images©Stampin' Up!®
#showandtellwithmichelle #colordarechallenge #colormyheart #colorchallenge #balloonfestoondies


No comments:
Post a Comment
What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!