Wednesday, July 22, 2026

What's Up Wednesday ~ Inked Floret Cards

Sometimes you just need just one color to pair with black and you have a great look! That's the idea I had when I pulled the Inked Floret stamp from my shelf. Then I got to thinking about other colors that would look good and ended up with this trio of cards.


Let's take a look at this card done in Crisp Cantaloupe. It's such a soft and pretty color and goes will with the black. After stamping and letting the ink dry a few minutes, I used the coordinating Shimmer Brush to add some highlights to the flowers. The card stock has scissor distressed edges adding to the rustic look of the image. Adding black gems finished the look.


The color on this card is Coastal Cabana. Once again I stayed with the same idea and just dded some highlights to the flowers. The Stampin' blend marker I used is Actually Pool party but is a great look with the card stock. Wink of Stella was also painted on the flower highlights. Rhinestones were the accent of choice this time.


Hydrangea Hue is a new favorite  color of mine. The Stampin' Blend marker added the highlights with with a topping of Wink of Stella. Next I penciled a line done the right and fussy cut around the flower.  I backed this area of the card with black card stock die cut along the edge. A couple Hydrangea Hue gems and Rhinestones decorate the flower centers.


Tip: If you don't have a large enough block for this stamp you can leave it on the plastic sheet, ink it up then carefully lay it onto the card stock. Holding it in place gently rub over the image to make sure the ink transfers to the card stock. It's a bit risky as the image can blur, but in a pinch it can work. Of course getting the right size block, Clear block F,  is always preferred!

All three cards use the same stamp and are monochromatic in design. Making small alterations makes each card have its own personality. Quick, easy and so pretty!

Michelle Loncar
Independent Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator 
MichelleLonar.stampinup.net
Images©Stampin' Up!©

#showndtellwithmichelle #inkedfloret #cardmaking #monchromaticlooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

What's Up Wednesday ~ Inked Floret Cards

Sometimes you just need just one color to pair with black and you have a great look! That's the idea I had when I pulled the Inked Flore...