Thursday, August 27, 2026

Slimline Pretty Poinsettia Card

The other day I decided to create some Christmas cards with the Pretty Poinsettia Bundle. Now if you know me you've heard me say more than one time that I LOVE to make Christmas cards in non-traditional colors. I do like traditional colors but I really like non-traditional colors, too! Lets take a look at this one in Hydrangea Hue. 


Sticking with the Hydrangea Hue, White and Silver theme I came up with this beauty. The silver is a Hot Foil design and the leaves on the right are die cut from silver paper. 

The background is mostly stamped then hot foiled. On the right end you can see the embossed section that adds a fun texture. 

The Pretty Poinsettia Bundle has the stamp set and dies. The extra fun part about the dies is that they are designed so when you use our Impressions Plate after die cutting it gives an even deeper impression of the die. Take a close look at the flower petals and you'l see what I mean.

Using the Impressions Plate is easy. You die cut the normal way. After that flip over the die with the CS in place, lay the Impressions Plate on top and run it through again. Now you have the deep image! By the way, it's called an Impressions Plate but it's actually a rubber mat kind of thing. 


I alternated white and Hydrangea Hue leaves for my flower because I wanted to create a better contrast with the flower and background. The touch of silver leaves carries the silver from one endow the card to the other.

The flower was put together using Mini Gluer Dots in the center. Play around either the way you layer the petals to ge the look you want. I actually added 2 layers of the 2nd largest petal for s fuller look.

The Rhinestones add a nice touch of sparkle and the ribbon gives your eyes a stopping place on the left end. 

I hope you enjoyed seeing one of my favorite Christmas cards for this coming season. I have a few more in this color theme I'll share soon.

Michelle Lonar
Independent Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator 
MichelleLoncar.stampinup.net
Images©Stampin' Up!

#showandtellwithmichelle #christmascards #cardmaking #hotfoilcard 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Slimline Pretty Poinsettia Card

The other day I decided to create some Christmas cards with the Pretty Poinsettia Bundle. Now if you know me you've heard me say more th...