Friday, October 15, 2010

Blogtoberfest--Multiple Techniques

7"x5" side fold card

Wouldn't you love to get a card like this one! I know it would make my day! This is a card inspired by a couple of others. Thanks Tresa Black for inspiring the sponged look for this peacock! She embossed and sponged her image but I chose to stamp mine in black over the sponged colors. 

I was also inspired by a card I saw and I'm sorry to say I don't have the name of the artist. It was a card using a non-CTMH stamp of a peacock with the panel sections as part of that image. I created the look by creating the peacock image on one piece of cardstock, cutting it into 3 panels and ink distressing the edges with black. Layering on white cs and then black cs helped create the illusion overall illusion I saw in the original card.
A Cuttlebug and embossing folders was used for the details along the right side of the card. This is a 5"x7" card but my embossing folders weren't long enough to fit the side length of the card. That frustrated me for a bit until I decided to try doing in two steps. I placed the folder only 1/2 way for the first pass, then flipped it around and did a second pass to make the detail the full length of the cs layer. A bit of sanding on the raised embossing makes it pop!

It's hard to see, but there are some sparkles on the peacock's head plumes and from our new Blue & Green Sparkles collection.  The tail plume as some of our clear Bitty Sparkles. Everything can use a little touch of bling!

CTMH Ink colors: Pacifica, Lagoon, Pear, Black
CTMH Cardstock: White Daisy, Black, Pacifica
Techniques: sponging, sanding, dry embossing,  ink distressing, layering,  embellishing

When used alone or a few at a time.....simple techniques like the ones I used here can really add a lot to your cards and layouts. 

Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon.

Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Really like how the dry-embossed swirls complement the swirls of the peacock feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card, I love the panels and the colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...