Friday, April 4, 2014

Color Dare #88: Sunset, Smoothie, Lagoon, Sweet Leaf, Buttercup


Hello and welcome to our weekly color dare from Color My Heart. Each Friday we post a set of colors to get you started. After that it's up to you and your creative muse!

This set of colors made me think of Spring. Spring makes me think of flowers. Here is what I came up with! This is a 7" x 5" side fold card. I've random stamped for the background and added some Washi Tape around the edges.

The flower was created with the Cricut Artiste cartridge. I cut flowers in each color but varied the size. After that I dry embossed the flowers with the Dots embossing folder. The edges are inked for a bit of definition. Glue Dots are a good choice for adhering the flowers together. The center of the flower is from the Babycakes Assortment. Lagoon Zipper Lace gives a nice touch to the bottom of the flower layer. Stamp your message in a contrasting color. Here I've used the Joyful Birthday set in Sunset.


--Cricut Artiste cartridge
--Dots Embossing Folder
--Skylark paper pack
--Joyful Birthday stamp set
--Distressed Backgrounds stamp set
--Inks-Sunset, Smoothie, Buttercup, Sweet Leaf, Lagoon
--CS-Sunset, Smoothie, Buttercup, Lagoon, White Daisy
--Babycakes Assortment
--Lagoon Zipper Lace
--Lagoon Washi Tape

Click here to shop 24/7 on my website.

Don't forget to check out the Color My Heart site. Come on and join us!

Happy Creating!
Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, Michele! I love your embossed 3 toned flower and your stamped background. What fun to combine 5 colors!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...