Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge #39


It's time for another color dare! I love these colors together. There is such nice a balance of light, medium and dark tones. Plus they are part of the cool side of the color palette and thats my favorite side!


This is a VERY quick and easy card I made using the challenge colors. The stamp set is Hello Blooms with some pretty flowers and a cute little bird! There are Cricut shapes for the flowers on the Artiste cartridge. But on this card I chose to stamp the flower images directly on top of each other to create the layered flowers. In the center of each flower is an Epoxy Bubble from our Green & Blue collection. The Color Ready Ribbon was sponged with the challenge colors and with a touch of Liquid Glass added to the card! It's hard to see in the photo but the edges of the card are sponged in Sky ink.

Here is a link to this week's color dare. Check it out for more ideas and inspiration!

Michelle

7 comments:

  1. This is a lovely card and GREAT use of that stamp set! Love the layered flowers, the repeated greeting and cute bird. Wonderful job with the challenge colours at Color My Heart--thanks for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, Michelle! The repetition of the lovely flowers and of Hello make this a very interesting and appealing card. You make me want to acquire that stamp set even though I have lots of flower stamps and lots of bird stamps too! Thanks for playing along with us at Color My Heart Color Dare--we hope you can join us again soon!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely a great representation of that stamp set, Michelle. I really like the repeated sentiment. The layered flowers are fabulous with this color combo, and the ribbon is delicious! I want to see it close up! :) Thanks so much for joining us this week at Color my Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fun card. You used the challenge colors very well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. I really think you did a great job combining the colors and using the stamp set in an unique way. Thank you for joining us this week at Color my Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE! Quick and simple yet visually striking...a perfect combination. I love that you decided to do the flowers with multiple layers of color rather than with cut outs. Thanks for participating with Color My Heart this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Color My Heart! Your card is so cute with the little bird and I love the multi-colored "hellos". Great job!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...