Monday, January 11, 2021

Snowman Card ~ Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #403

Welcome to a new Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge! Our Design Team has a fun sketch for you to create with this week. Use the sketch as a starting point which makes it very easy to get going. You can make any paper craft you like just be sure the sketch is able to be seen somewhere in your project. Turn it, flip it, adjust it....whatever works for you!

I have a couple of winter birthdays coming up so I decided to make a card. I turned the sketch to create a "ground" look for my design. 

The background was made with papers from our Mix-in pack and our new Happiness Lives Here pack. Doesn't the paper on top with the X's and hearts remind you of snowflakes?

I colored the snowman using a water brush and ink from the stamp pad lid. I took my colors from the plaid paper at the bottom. This ties all the colors together and makes them look good!

For the bracket layer I stamped the trees in a curve to give some eye interest. The sign "Snow Day" has s streaky look because I inked it up then pulled it across the pad before stamping. This gives some different detail to the look. Plus I didn't want the full color (too dark) or 2nd generation color (too light) so the streaked look was it! It's a nice compromise of light and dark.


I used some Thin 3D Foam Tape to pop up the snowman. A shimmer brush was used to paint the snowman and the space under the trees to make it glisten like snow! After adding some sequins it was done!



Inside of card




Other Close To My Heart products used for this card.
  • Stamp Set: Birthday Borders (sentiment inside card)
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Paper Packs: Happiness Lives Here, X9023 Mix-In
  • Cardstock: White Daisy, Blue Belle
  • Specialty Paper: Blue Belle Glitter
  • Exclusive Inks: Intense Black, Blue Belle, Sage, Smoothie, Nectarine
  • Thin Cut Dies: Stitched Fancy Brackets
  • Blue Belle Sequins
  • Tools: Water Brush, Thin 3D Foam Tape, Clear Shimmer Brush

I'd you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team!

We have a new program especially for our customers! It's the VIP Customer Program and it's awesome! For starters you can earn 15% of every order! Click here to read more about the program and sign up! It's a great deal!

Before you go.... if you like what you see on my blog be sure to sign up to follow me so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the right column.

Now it's your turn to create and share. Use the link on our home page to join the challenge!

Michelle


#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #atlanticheartssketchchallenge #cardmaking

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card congrats 👏👏👏💐
    Have great day😊

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Stencil Card ~ Color Dare #594

 Friday means a new challenge from our team at Color Dare! This week you pick at least 3 colors shown in our graphic. See the graphic for th...