Friday, July 9, 2021

Mini Canvas ~ Color Dare #452

 This color challenge had me thinking of something different than the usual card or layout. The colors in this challenge were perfect for my project! You can make any kind of project you like as long as you follow the rules of the challenge. 

We reference Close To My Heart colors but you can use any brand you like as long as you can make a really close match. Kind of close doesn't count. When you're ready to join the challenge use the link in the post on our home page.

I was going through one of my many drawers of supplies when I came across a mini canvas. I checked to make sure one of the images in the Isabella - Scrapbooking Set would fit on this mini canvas of 2 1/2" x 3 1/2". Lucky for me the image with the flower and the lemon fit perfectly thereby making the colors a perfect match!

I stamped the image using Intense Black ink then heat set it with a heat tool. Next I painted the image using a water brush and reinkers. I heat set the ink after each layer. For the flower it took about 4 or 5 layers. The final layer was painted with the Clear Shimmer Brush and reinker on just the flower. I added a dimensional look by using some Onyx Pearl on the little buds of the image. Once everything was thoroughly dry I sprayed with a clear sealer.


Here you get an idea of the shimmer on the flower. It's very hard to photo but looks great in real life.





Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge


Isabella ~ Scrapbooking

Other Close To My Heart products used on this canvas.
  • Exclusive Inks: Intense Black
  • Reinkers: Candy Apple, Lemonade, Glacier
  • Embellishments: Onyx Pearl, Clear Shimmer Brush
  • Tools: Water Brush, Heat Tool
Other products:
  • 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" Mini Canvas
If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team!

Have you heard about our new VIP Customer Program? As a member you enjoy perks like a discount on your orders, FREE Stamp of the Month, special product bundles and online events. 

Before you go...... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the column on the right.

Now it's your turn to join the challenge. We can't wait to see what you create!


Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #colormyheart #colordare #colorchallenge #homedecor

7 comments:

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...