Friday, January 27, 2023

Pretty Daisy Card + Envelope ~ Color Dare #533

 Welcome back for a fun color challenge! For this challenge you need to use at least 5 of the colors in the graphic below. You can also use any neutral or metallic color but those don't count as part of the "at least 3 colors". 

We reference Close To My Heart colors but you can use any brand you have as long as you can make a very close match. Kind of close doesn't count.

Make any paper craft you like. When you're ready to join the challenge click here!

This project is also being shared with Double Trouble: Challenge #130 Keep Us in Stitches.

I was inspired by a card made by Valerie - Sure Scraps A lot. I loved the way she used the dark background to make the flowers really pop! Here is my spin on the idea!

I thought the bolder colors in our challenge would work best for the contrast on black. I stamped in black and colored with TriBlend Markers (True Blue Blend, Burnt Orange Blend, Citrus Green Blend). I did the shading on the images with ease because each marker has 3 shades of one color in each barrel. I used the light and medium shades. 

Cardstock colors are White Daisy, Black, Capri, Nectarine. I also decorated the flap of the envelope with our new Thin Cut Dies (comes in 2 sizes) and stamp set to add some pretty flowers. What a fun surprise when you go to open the envelope!

Other products used for this card include:

Scroll down for more links below the photos.



Color My Heart Color Dare #533

Thin Foam Tape was used to pop up some of the flowers to give some dimension. Glitter Glue was used for the flower centers.


If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team!

Have you heard about our new VIP Customer Program? As a member you enjoy perks like a discount on your orders, FREE Stamp of the Month, special product bundles and online events. 

Before you go...... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the column on the right.

Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle  #ctmh #cardmaking #colordare #colormyheart #colorchallenge

15 comments:

  1. Love how those flowers pop on the black background! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those daisies are so pretty against the black background and I love the envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty your card is. This was a great combination of colors in Fancy Five. Love the envelope closure too. You might want to check out Double Trouble this week for "Keep us in Stitches"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been trying to resist this set & your lovely card is not helping! Love the coloring on your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debi. I know the struggle is real. LOL

      Delete
  5. Very pretty colors, they make a big impression when placed on the black, and what neat envelope dies, what a great way to step up your envelopes! Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The flowers are so striking on the black background. I love the envelope die too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, Michelle! The use of black cardstock creates a striking contrast and is just the perfect touch, Thank you for joining our Double Trouble Challenge #130.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow the flowers really POP!! And I love the idea of making a matching envelope.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...