Wednesday, August 12, 2026

What's Up Wednesday ~ Scenic Coast Card

How are you today? Are you feeling crafty and creative? Feeling like you need a bit of inspiration? Maybe this idea will help you out.

I saw this idea on Pinterest and knew I had to give it a try! The colors are vibrant and pop off the page as it is. With this distressed technique it seems to give it an extra boost of color!


Cutting a slit across the center of the card base front gave me starting place for tearing the hole. I tore a hole large enough for a good size hole leaving a bit of a border on the bottom for a sentiment.

For the black CS I did the same method of cutting a slit then tearing. This hole needs to be a bit smaller so there will be black showing through the card front hole. 

After tearing both layers I rubbed my finger against the hole edges to slightly roll it back a bit more. It's a nice way to distress a bit more.

The Scenic Coast DSP was trimmed down from 6" x 6" to 5-7/8" x 4-1/8". Next glue the black CS to the inside of the card front. Now glue the Scenic Coast DSP to the black on the inside card front. The flip side of the DSP makes a nice finish for the inside of the card. I also used one of the ends trimmed off the DSP to decorate the white CS on the inside.

The sentiment is from the Greetings For All Ephemera pack. It comes with both white and black sentiments! A few gems on the front and I called it done!


Here is another card I did because I just couldn't stop at one! For this one I changed the color of the card base but everything else is the same idea.

I picked the card base color based on color seen in the DSP. The first card base is Hydrangea Hue. The second card base id Flirty Flamingo. The scenes are different but that just makes it more fun! I can't wait to make more of these cards!


Thanks for stopping by! Why not give this distressed technique. try! It really is easy to do and I know you're going to love the results!

Michelle Loncar
Independent Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator 
MichelleLoncar.stampinup.net
Images©Stampin' Up!

#showndtellwithmichelle #cardmaking #sceniccoastdsp #paperdistressing

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

What's Up Wednesday ~ Scenic Coast Card

How are you today? Are you feeling crafty and creative? Feeling like you need a bit of inspiration? Maybe this idea will help you out. I saw...