Wednesday, August 26, 2026

What's Up Wednesday ~ Strawberry Card

 I didn't plan it this way but it fell into place perfectly so I'm going with it. Last week on What's Up Wednesday I showed you a technique for using the Simple Leaf Punch. Today I have a different technique using that same punch that will surprise you!

I can't claim I came up with this idea myself. that credit goes to my fellow demonstrator Liz Wheeler. As soon as I saw her card I knew I needed to give it a try! Thanks for the inspiration, Liz!


Do you see what I saw when I looked at this card? I saw the cute strawberry as my mind was telling me we don't have a strawberry stamp like that! As I looked harder I realized it was made using the Simple Leaf Punch! How very clever!


This photo shows the two images I used to create the strawberry. Do you see a strawberry now? The larger leaves can be punched out with the coordination Simple Leaf Punch. The small leaves need to be fussy cut. Don't worry about the stems as they aren't seen in this design.

In this photo you can see the layers I built with the elements. The middle leaf is glued directly to the card front. The berry and other two leave are popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals foam. This multi layer look gives a nice depth to the design. The red bow accents the berry and covers the ends of the leaves you don't want seen. 

The DSP used is 2026-2028 Gingham Gallery. Each side has a tone on tone plaid with one side being a larger and the other side a smaller version. I liked the smaller side for this design because it reminded me of a berry basket. The Perennial Postage Dies also add to the feeling of the berry basket with the notches. 

The sentiment is from our Sweetly Sentimental Hot Foil Dies. I used gold foil to go with the warm tone of the colors. The fun part about this die is you get a bunch of sentiments all at once! I keep the rest of them in a craft box ready to go at a moments notice. A few gold accents ties in with the gold of the sentiment. 

What do you think of this surprising use of the Simple Leaf Punch? Thanks again, Liz Wheeler, for the inspiration. I had a lot of fun making this card and re-living the memories of all those times my daughters and I went strawberry picking. 

Michelle Loncar
Independent Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator 
MichelleLoncar.stampinup.net
Images©Stampin' Up!

#showandtellwithmichelle #simpleleafpunch #punchtechniques #whatsupwednesday #cardmaking

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!