Saturday, January 2, 2010

January 2010 Stamp of the Month--D1406 True Friends

D1406 True Friends
Stamp of the Month-January 2010

This is a fun technique that is great for using up those scraps of paper we always end up having around. Use strips of cardstock and/or Background & Texture papers to create this herringbone look (Technique Junkies Dec.09/Jan10 newsletter).

I've used papers from the Sweet Home paper kit along with some Indian Corn Blue cardstock. Cut your strips to different widths to make it interesting. I ran a piece of cardstock through my Xyron to coat the front with adhesive and act as a base for the strips. It made it nice and easy to lay down the strips and keep them secure! You could also use other double-sided adhesives or even a glue stick. When using a glue stick, apply glue only a bit ahead of where you're working. When finished, place a book or something on top until the glue is dry.

The tag was made using the Jan. Stamp of the Month--True Friends. This is a fun set with a variety of images and sayings! As an added embellishment I used half of a paper flower tucked under the corner along with two pieces of ribbon. I added a button with two brads in the holes on top to look like a flower "center". The brad wings were a bit long for the size of the button, but I just snipped them off to be shorter and stay hidden behind the button! I used some 3D Foam Squares to raise the tag off the surface of the card face and create room for the paper flower.

I hope you enjoyed my card! Get those scraps out and start creating!

1 comment:

  1. Your herringbone background looks great! This is something I've been meaning to try - thanks for the reminder of the technique, and the great samples. :)

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #573

Are you ready for a new sketch from Atlantic Hearts? Well here you go! This sketch is so versatile and allows for so many interpretations. I...