Sunday, October 24, 2010

Clear Card with Embossed details

Yesterday I spent a wonderful day at a 13 hour crop with my good friend Sheila. We always have fun on these days and the time goes quickly! We don't have our next one scheduled until Jan. 8th when we hope to have our next group of SOTM sets to work on! 

The Heart 2 Heart Challenge this week is embossing, so this is card fits the bill! Both the bear and eagle are embossed in Cocoa.

Besides working on some personal scrapbooking pages (still works in progress), I also made a total of 15 cards. Can you say..."productive"! Here's a card for an upcoming swap. It's a clear card and honestly...the photo doesn't do it justice.  Stamp set is C1424 Nature's Gift.....a beautiful set!
Papers are from the X7127B Magnifique kit. I can't get enough of these colors! I also used a Spellbinders die with my Cuttlebug to create the circle and sponged the background. Dry the ink before embossing the bear otherwise you have embossing powder clinging all over! the bear is embossed in Cocoa as is the eagle. The bear is layered on some B&T/cs strips and embellished with Mocha Pearls to the front of the clear card. Everything else is on the inside! 

I LOVE the way this card turned out. I hope the swappers do, too! 

Michelle

4 comments:

  1. Really nice card. That bear and eagle both look so great embossed. Thanks for spending the fun, productive day with me yesterday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic love it! Thanks for joining us this week at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colors and wonderful job with the embossing! Thanks for playing along with us at Heart 2 Heart challenges!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...