Saturday, July 15, 2017

CTMH Technique Blog Hop - Fun with Stencils


Welcome to the monthly Technique Blog Hop! This month we're showing you how fun it can be using stencils. Whether you buy a stencil or make your own it's a lot of fun and gives you a new way to color your images.

If you're coming from Annemarie Julian's blog you're on the right path. Just keep clicking on the links in each post to go to the next blog.

I used Cricut Flower Market to make stencils for my card. Simply pick out the image you like, size it, ungroup it then print with extra space around the cuts. You can see my stencils in the photo below. When using the stencil I inked with sponge daubers. HINT: to help keep your stencil in place put a couple small dots of our glue stick on the back of the stencil and let it air dry. When dry it works like a sticky note and will hold in place then lift right off. After stenciling I used a journal pen to do some outlining just to give a bit of definition. The flower layer is popped up with 3D foam tape and wrapped in the ribbon. I wove one ribbon through the other for a fun look. Some bling and shimmer on the flowers and it was done!




All products are Close To My Heart:
  • Cricut Flower Market
  • Stamp set: So Many Smiles
  • Exclusive Inks: Pixie, Raspberry, Sweet Leaf, Black
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Cardstock: White Daisy, Pixie, Raspberry
  • Tools: Sponge Dauber, Thin 3D Foam Tape, Mini Glue Dots, Journal Pen
  • Embellishments: Bitty Sparkles, Clear Shimmer Brush, Rustic Home Ribbon, White and Gold Ribbon
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I can help with that, too!

Now it's time to hop over and see what Cat Nowak created to inspire us. 
I hope you enjoy the hop and feel inspired to give stencils a try!

Have a creative day!
Michelle

#closetomyheart #techniquehop #cardmaking #cricutflowermarket

15 comments:

  1. Cute card! I love your tip about keeping your stencil in place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I love how you outlined it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a fun little technique isn't it!

      Delete
  3. That combination of colors is just delicious too! Love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card and the outlining just makes it perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. VERY beautiful card with the creation/use of your stencil. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The last time I made a stencil I used an exacto knife. Never thought to use my cricut to make a stencil. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Cut Out Card ~ Atlantic Heats Sketch Challenge #569

This sketch challenge is pretty simple and easy...... or you can make it more complex. Either way it's fun and creates a pretty card whe...