Wednesday, September 9, 2026

What's Up Wednesday ~ Hot Foil Fall Leaves

Welcome to my blog! What's Up Wednesday is a post where I do a technique driven project with more steps and descriptions. Ready for this one? Let's go!

I was in a mood for drama when creating this card. Using Fall/Autumn colors against black really makes everything pop and catch your eye! 


I started with hot foiling the leaves in gold on white CS. Next came the stencils and colors for the leaves. There are a total of 5 stencils in the Bundle. Three give the leaves their beautiful color, one is for the veins and one with small leaves sprinkled along two sides. A blending Brush and ink will give you beautiful leaves for any season but especially Fall! This is a great stencil pack!

Available Sept. 1st

Here is a photo of what comes in the Lustrous Leaves Bundle. You'll have the stencils I mentioned plus dies for cutting and hot foiling. 

After stenciling I used a black marker to color the white around the leaves. I didn't want the white showing on the dramatically black card! I wanted the edges to "disappear" into the surroundings. Next I used the die to cut all the leaves at once. I love that!  

A new die set we have is the Tile Garden dies with a wonderful collection of squares with different borders. Think Spotlight on Nature dies but with square shapes! The sentiment is hot foiled in gold on black CS with the Sweetly Sentimental set. 

I decided to turn the square for a point up look. I popped it up on Dimensionals and tucked the leaves underneath. The sentiment was added to the middle of the square and some new gold dots were added. 


I kept the inside simple with plenty of room for a custom message when I use the card. One of the leaves in the corner was added. Note: this leaf was not colored in black around the edges because it is on white CS. 


Here is another version of the same look. This time I used Everyday Arches for the sentiment layer with a different sentiment. 

How's that for a dramatic look? Is this a style that would work for you? If black is too much for you it would still work with other colors for the base. Use your creativity and try options that suit you.

Michelle Loncar
Independent Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator 
Images©Stampin' Up!

#showandtellwithmichelle #lustrousleaves #stampin'hotfoilsystem #cardmaking

Coming September 1st:
Gold Adhesived-backed Dot

Available now:

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

What's Up Wednesday ~ Hot Foil Fall Leaves

Welcome to my blog! What's Up Wednesday is a post where I do a technique driven project with more steps and descriptions. Ready for this...