Friday, August 18, 2017

Color Dare #257 ~ Slate, Blossom, Pansy, Lagoon with White....optional Silver



Welcome to the color challenge for this week! We'd love to see you create something to share with this color challenge. You must use all the colors but if you don't have an exact color you may substitute something close, but don't add any brand new colors! Full details can be found on our home page.

I LOVE this stamp set, Keep Dreaming, and will be sad to see it retire at the end of this month. But in the meantime I am putting it to use! This card is a double mat style card. To make this I cut my top layer to size and laid it on top of the next white layer, then got busy stamping! There is a bit of a gap where the two cardstock layers meet, but the mat covers that area so no worries! I touched up the flowers with ink pads and a water brush then added a touch of shimmer, too!



All products are Close To My Heart:
  • Stamp Sets: Keep Dreaming, Nature's Wish
  • Exclusive Inks: Slate, Blossom, Pansy, Lagoon, White with optional Silver
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Cardstock: White Daisy, Lagoon
  • Water Brush
  • Clear Shimmer Brush
  • Little Dreamer Glitter Gems
If you need a consultant I would be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I can help with that, too!

Are you feeling inspired? Create and share any paper craft and link on our home page. Don't forget to check out what the other Design Team members have created while you're there!



Thanks for stopping by!
Michelle

#colormyheart #colordare #closetomyheart #cardmaking

3 comments:

  1. Great card! I love how you only colored the top layer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my all time favourite stamp sets as well! I have never tried this technique but I love the effect it creates with only one layer coloured. It makes for such a soft looking card. Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, Michelle! I really like how you "spotlighted" the center panel with color!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Cut Out Card ~ Atlantic Heats Sketch Challenge #569

This sketch challenge is pretty simple and easy...... or you can make it more complex. Either way it's fun and creates a pretty card whe...