Friday, June 15, 2018

Mini is Marvelous - CTMH Technique Blog Hop



Welcome to our monthly Technique Hop. We enjoy showing you any variety of techniques each month and this month we're featuring MINI. It could be mini albums, mini cards...any thing mini is a go this month!

If you've come from Melissa Robinson blog you're on the right path. Click the links in each post to continue along on the hop. 

For this hop I couldn't wait to share this technique! I've been using our reinkers to paint mini landscapes and they turn out so cute! I bought the mini canvases with easels on Amazon and have been making them by the dozen! LOL 

To get started I put a couple drops of the reinker on an acrylic block and used one of our watercolor brushes to paint the details. Start with the lightest color and build up from there. These canvases are 3" x 4"  and I was inspired by many of similar ideas on Pinterest. It's really great when you can use your supplies in other ways than the obvious!

While painting you may want to use a heat tool to gently set the ink rather than let it air dry. I've also used a Clear Shimmer Brush to add some sparkle to the water and sun but couldn't get a photo to show it clearly....but it's there and looks great! Trust me!






Close To My Heart products
  • Reinkers: New England Ivy, Canary, Pewter, Thistle, Nutmeg, Glacier
  • Watercolor Brushes
  • My Acrilyx Blocks
  • Shimmer Brush- Clear
  • Heat Tool
 Shop Amazon for the mini canvas plus easel or your local craft store.

If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I can help with that, too!

Next up is Debi McBain's so hop on over to see what she's sharing today.

Thanks for stopping by.

Michelle

#closetomyheart #techniquehop #showandtellwithmichelle #

6 comments:

  1. Wow!!! I love your mini landscapes! I totally need to give this a try. Thank you Michelle for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cat. It's a lot easier than you might think!

      Delete
  2. Holy re-inkers Batman!! Those are divine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! You're very talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'll admit the first attempt didn't make the cut but it went better after that!

      Delete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Cut Out Card ~ Atlantic Heats Sketch Challenge #569

This sketch challenge is pretty simple and easy...... or you can make it more complex. Either way it's fun and creates a pretty card whe...