Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Triple Challenge Card!

I love it when I can multi task! This card fits the bill because I can use it in not one but THREE challenges! Here we go......

Color Dare Challenge: use these colors or something as close as possible to create a paper craft.

Double Trouble - Challenge #3: Thing 1 challenges you to use the colors above. Thing 2 double dares you to link up to Color Dare 297. Thing 3 challenges you to use string things like well....string, ribbon twine, hemp, etc. 

Heart 2 Heart Challenge: invites you to be a "copycat" but recreating a project from the Seasonal Expressions 2 catalog. 

So here is my card.........ta da!
I recreated the card in the lower right of page 7. I just love this pattern and had fun making it my own. As you can see I used the color dare colors to create the flowers/leaves. I also love the touch of using vellum behind the focal layer. To distress the edge of the focal layer I used an edge distressed and then rubbed in gently on the ink pad. I also used the piercing tool to poke little holes around the edge. 


Inside of card.

Close To My Heart products
  • Exclusive Inks: Nutmeg, Glacier, Sorbet
  • Stamp Sets: Beautiful Friendship - Scrapbooking, Fresh Air - Cardmaking + Thin Cuts
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Paper Pack: Central Park
  • Specialty Paper: Vellum
  • Cardstock: White Daisy, Nutmeg
  • Embellishments: Whimsy Ribbon, Clear Sparkles, Bitty Sparkles
  • Tools: Edge, Distresser, Piercing Tool, Thin 3D Foam Tape
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I can help with that, too.

Any one of these challenges is a lot of fun. But it's even MORE fun to multi task them together! Check them out and get your fingers inky! Details and links are in the post of each blog.

Have a fun day!
Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #colordare #doubletrouble #heart2heart #cardmaking

SaveSave

8 comments:

  1. I sure like this one! The colors are lovely, the card design is awesome and your stamping and distressing are fabulous! Thanks for sharing at Heart 2 Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that sentiment and design of your card and that you were able to share with three challenges...beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with DOUBLE TROUBLE and please join us with another double challenge in July.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your take on the card and need to remember to try the vellum under the main image for a change :) So glad you were able to play along in all the challenges, but especially thankful for your participation at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love everything about this, Michelle. The flowers are awesome and the vellum piece behind is super. Thanks for sharing a terrific copycat card with us at H2H :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card, I love the colours! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H).

    Brandi R.
    DT member H2H
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful, Michelle! The vellum is a great idea and the flowers are lovely. Thank you for playing along at Double Trouble #3.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love the additional touches with the velum and pierced holes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful cards! Love the different techniques incorporated.

    Thank you for playing with us at Heart 2 Heart!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Cut Out Card ~ Atlantic Heats Sketch Challenge #569

This sketch challenge is pretty simple and easy...... or you can make it more complex. Either way it's fun and creates a pretty card whe...