Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Gear It Up for the Guys

The "sisters" over at Double Trouble are challenging us to make something for the guys in our lives. The challenge has three levels: to make something masculine, to include something round and to link to Use You Stuff. You can do one or all levels!

My card was inspired by Erin Jacobson and I love how it turned out. The shaded layer was cut with a die then made by sponging ink in a way to kind of look like an underwater scene. The seahorse was colored with a marker and the coral was stamped in ink. My round element is the accent gems. I also spattered some shimmer on the sponged layer.



To create this sponged layer I tore an edge on some scrap paper. Starting at the bottom I rubbed the ink on the scrap paper and off onto the cardstock. I tore a new edge, moved it up and inked with the next color leaving some white space. The third color was done the same way and finally the top was sponged without the scrap paper. After that I spattered the shimmer by tapping the pen against my finger.

Close To My Heart products used on this card.
  • Stamp Set: From the Deep
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Cardstock: White Daisy
  • Exclusive Inks: Toffee, Glacier, Lagoon, Sapphire, Nectarine
  • TriBlend Marker: Coral
  • Embellishments: Clear Shimmer Brush, Gold Glitter Gems
  • Tools: Thin 3D Foam Tape
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I'd love to have you on my team!

So I've shared my idea for the Double Trouble Challenge. Be sure to check it out your self! BUT before you leave don't forget to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! 

Have a great day!
Michelle


#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #cardmaking #doubletrouble

4 comments:

  1. LOVE your card, Michelle! Such great colors and composition! Thank your for sharing your creative talents with us at Double Trouble!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing card! I can never get enough of ocean and beach themed cards! So glad you'd share with us at Double Trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally love your background on this! Awesome beachy colors too. Great card! Thanks for playing along with us at USE YOUR STUFF and hope to see you again.

    Tammy DT Co-ordinator

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Michelle! How I miss living near the sea. Thank you for providing details of your technique and we're so glad you played along with us at Double Trouble #58.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Thank You ~ Color Dare #597

 Our team at Color Dare has a fun color challenge for you this week. It's nice and bright and we can't wait to see how you use our c...