Monday, June 18, 2012

Background Stamps!


I had some creative time this past weekend and this is one of the cards I made. It's hard to tell in the photo, but the butterfly is a 3D element of the card. There are small pieces of foam under the wings to help them stand up a bit. It really makes the butterfly POP! The layer with the music image also is popped with 3D Foam.

The stamp set I used is called Diverse Backgrounds. The music image is clearly seen, but I also used an image that looks like a mesh screen on the small butterfly and the scalloped border. It's very subtle but adds a nice texture.

While I had my Cricut out to cut the butterfly layers, I also cut the flowers, scalloped border, small circle and the cut out circle. Gotta love the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge! Talk about VERSATILE!

The middle layer of the butterfly was cut from paper in our Footloose pack. Love the colors and the way it kind of looks like the pattern on a butterfly. The dot paper is from the Dotty for You paper pack (retired). This was from our May special and no longer available.

Don't forget that during the month of June you can get a FREE stamp set! Buy 2 and the 3rd one is FREE (equal or lesser value)!

Happy Stamping!
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Cute Border Card ~ Color Dare #598

Today I'm sharing a fun border card  that is simple to make with some Thin Cut dies. Using the Pink, Green Yellow theme from our Color D...