Friday, August 30, 2013

Color My Heart--Sky, Sweet Leaf & Buttercup

Welcome to this week's Color Dare using Sky, Sweet Leaf and Buttercup. Be sure to click here and enter your own creation for the dare and check out the other entries.

I actually have two cards that are very different in style. The first card is totally cased from my friend Mary Gunn. I fell in love with her card and couldn't wait to recreate it myself. The only changes I made were to use the edge distresser on the Kraft CS, move the message and of course....alter the colors to Sky, Sweet Leaf and Buttercup....and Slate as a neutral! The inks were sponged onto the CS with daubers. The message is from Card Chatter-Sympathy. This is a 5" x 7" top fold card.



Next up is a standard sized card, 5 1/2" x 4 1/4", side fold. B&T paper is from Babycakes with Sky, Slate and Colonial White CS on a card base of Whisper. Flowers are cut from the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge. There is a soft Ombre coloring of the Thank You with Sky Markers. The border was made with an image from One-Way Borders and a piece of Black Striped Grosgrain Ribbon. A few opaque pearls for accent and the card is done!


I hope you enjoyed my creations. Come on over to Color My Heart and join us! It's a lot of fun!

If you'd like to shop for click here for all your stamping, scrapbooking and crafting needs!

Happy Crafting!
Michelle


2 comments:

  1. Both cards are lovely, but I think its interesting how those TINTS change, depending on the background you chose (Kraft vs Whisper). Your sympathy card is really lovely, and will be CASE'd for sure (I know you said it was a Mary Gunn idea, but that's the way the crafting world works! Rolling inspiration...).

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...