Friday, December 20, 2013

Color Dare: Sparkle & Shine

It's time for another Color My Heart Challenge! 
This week the dare is to use Sparkle & Shine. 
This is the paper pack from our Holiday Gift Guide. 
The colors for this dare are: Juniper, Ruby, Slate, Whisper and Sparkle & Shine Silver. Neutral colors are always allowed as an additional option.


As I was thinking about what to create, I decided I wanted something 3D. I looked through my Cricut booklets and ended up using our Artiste cartridge. I studied this one image and thought it would make a poinsettia! So I started cutting.

 I did the leaves in Juniper and the flower petals in Ruby. I cut 2 each of three different sizes for the flower petals. Next I inked the edges of each image. I also curled the tips a bit by rolling it over the handle of my piercing tool.

The best way to glue the flower petal layers together is with Glue Dots. With the two largest layers, I offset them from each other than glued them together. I kept going with the other layers offsetting each layer to make the poinsettia look nice and full! Once done I glued it to the card and tucked the leaves under the edge of the flower.

The background to the flower is a piece of cardstock from Sparkle & Shine layered on Juniper cardstock. The bottom of the card is stamped with a swirl and a greeting. Finally, I used Stardust Glitter Gel for the center of the poinsettia.

All products are Close To My Heart:
--Cricut Artiste cartridge (pg. 80--shift-Accent 1--"Merry Christmas")
--D1553 Yuletide Greetings
--D1551 Swirls Around
--X254 White Daisy Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
--Inks--Ruby, Juniper
--X7176B Sparkle & Shine paper pack
--Z1313 Stardust Glitter Gel
--1772 Glue Dots

Now, go and get your creative Mojo going! Join us at Color My Heart or just come and be inspired! 

Click here to go to Color My Heart.

Click here to shop on my website.

Happy Creating!
Michelle




1 comment:

  1. So pretty. Love all the dimension to the poinsettia. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Thank You ~ Color Dare #597

 Our team at Color Dare has a fun color challenge for you this week. It's nice and bright and we can't wait to see how you use our c...