Friday, April 15, 2016

Color Dare #189

Hello! It's Friday and that means a new color dare from the Design Team at Color My Heart!
This week the colors are Juniper, Hollyhock, Thistle with White Daisy.

As I sat ready to start a project for this color dare, my creative muse whispered in my ear, "Flowers, flowers, flowers." I knew the colors would work great for base and shade stamping. I got out one of my favorite flower sets and got to work.

Hollyhock is a bit too bold to use as a base shade so I used it as a 2nd generation image. This means you ink up the stamp, stamp on scrap paper then without re-inking stamp on your cardstock. It's a slightly lighter version of the full color. This made a great color for the detail image using Thistle.

I stamped the smaller flower along the edge. Then using my paper trimmer, I used an embossing tool to draw a straight line 3/4" in from the right edge. I DID NOT draw the line through the flowers but only on the white between the flowers. This gave me a nice straight line as I cut around the flowers.

For the leaves I cut s slit along the edge of the large flower then I just slipped the end of the leaves into the slit and secured with a glue dot.








All products are Close To My Heart:
--Someone Special stamp set
--Ink: Juniper, Hollyhock, Thistle
--Cardstock: White Daisy
--Glitter Paper: Purple
--Thistle Washi Tape (Limeade Washi Pack)

Non-Close To My Heart:
--Craft Knife

Contact me if I can be of any help.


Now it's your turn! Get out your supplies and create something to share in the color dare! If you don't have the exact colors just use something close. You can make whatever you like: cards, scrapbook layouts, any paper craft! Details on how to join are in the sidebar of our home page. This color dare will be open until 9:00pm CDT

Happy Creating!
Michelle

6 comments:

  1. Love all the flowers with the glitter! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love the flower border on the side of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Michelle! I love the purple glitter paper and flower cut out side border. Love this!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, this is just lovely! I love that touch of shimmer along the side.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Love the way you used the glitter paper..and that stamp....beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cut-out flowers against the glitter border and just gorgeous! Lovely interpretation of the colors.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...