Monday, June 4, 2018

String Painting Card


I've been seeing this technique lately and just had to give it a try! It's not as hard as it might seem and you get really pretty images.....and not just one image but two at the same time! Plus I LOVE it when your crafting supplies can be used in unexpected ways!

Use a piece of cardstock folded to the size you like. I soaked a piece of string in reinker leaving a tail without ink for your "handle". Then you place the string inside the folded cardstock making it lay in a twirled and wavy pattern. Close the cardstock and pull the tail of the string making a zig zag motion while you pull. Open your card to see your creation! 
I added a touch of yellow with a water brush to mimic flower centers and also added some Clear Shimmer to the yellow area. 
OH....did I mention it's a good idea to wear plastic gloves? LOL

Now you're ready to trim up your cardstock and create with those pieces...... or make more pretty images with other colors!

Inking process: I used small plastic cups and Q-tips for inking the string. I dripped several drops on ink into the cup, added the string and used the Q-Tip to moved the string around until it was soaked with the ink. Hold the end of the string on the outside of the cup to keep it free from ink. 


Close To My Heart products
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Cardstock: White Daisy, Raspberry, Emerald, Lagoon, Peacock
  • Reinkers: Raspberry, Emerald, Lemon, Lagoon, Peacock, New England Ivy
  • Embellishments: Adventure Ribbon Pack, Clear Sparkles, Clear Shimmer Brush
  • Stamp Sets: Thoughtful Flowers (retired), Beloved Bouquet (retired)
Other products
  • String cut 12-15" long
  • small plastic cups for inking string
  • Q-Tips for inking string
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help. 
If you'd like to BE a consultant I can help with that, too.

Give this technique a try! It's fun to see all the pretty images you make!

Get inky today!
Michelle

#CTMH #showandtellwithmichelle #stringpainting #cardmaking

4 comments:

  1. I've been playing with this too, I'll be sure to share mine when I've finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it fun! I'm just getting started and can't wait to try some more! Please do share when you're finished! I'd love to see what you create!

      Delete
  2. Your cards are gorgeous! Who knew string could make such beautiful art???

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Thank You ~ Color Dare #597

 Our team at Color Dare has a fun color challenge for you this week. It's nice and bright and we can't wait to see how you use our c...