Friday, October 19, 2018

Black Ice ~ Color Dare 315


This week the Color My Heart Design Team is challenging you with our popular Tic Tac Toe grid. You can pick a row or column of colors or use them all. You can even pick and chose which colors to use. Just remember you need to use only colors from the grid BUT if you don't have the exact CTMH color you can use a close match of another brand. Just don't add any brand new colors to the palette. Neutral colors are free to use with the above.

For this challenge I used the colors on a diagonal: Lagoon, Gold and Nectarine with Black.

This is a simple card to make but really impresses! It's a technique called Black Ice and is created with simple layers. Here we go......

First cut your Gold Foil (silver works, too) layer a bit longer than you want the finished piece. This gives you a place to hold it still and you just trim it off when finished. Ok the first layer is made with our Intense Black ink or a StazOn ink. It needs to be permanent ink. Smear some ink across the front of the gold foil. It doesn't need to be even or a thick cover. Now carefully stamp your images with the same ink. Be careful because the gold foil is slippery and you don't want blurred images. At this point use a heat tool to dry the ink. Once dry you're ready for the next layer. Take an embossing pad and smear or pat it across the gold foil. Shake on the clear embossing powder and tap off excess. Set it with the heat tool. That is basically the end of the technique and you can stop here BUT I like to add some color. I used our ShinHan markers and colored the parts of the design I wanted to stand out a bit more. Voila! I layered with cardstock and added a sentiment and some sparkles I also colored with a marker.


Close To My Heart products
  • Stamp Set: Grateful Heart Cardmaking
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Cardstock: Lagoon, Black
  • Specialty Paper: Gold Foil
  • Exclusive Inks: Intense Black
  • Embossing: Versamark pad, Clear Powder
  • ShinHan Markers: Peacock Green, Marigold
  • Clear Sparkles
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I can help with that, too.

Now it's your turn to create and share. Use colors from the grid above (or the closest match you have) to create any paper craft. Full details on how to share are in the post on our home page. We can't wait to see what you create!

Have fun creating! 
Michelle

#colordare #colormyheart #ctmh #showandtellwithmichelle colormyheartcolordare

7 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Michelle. I guessed wrong with your color choices, but I changed it on the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a cool technique. I love the way your card turned out. I like the splash of color with the markers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep saying I am going to try that black ice technique. I have seen it done with silver but not gold. Your card is lovely and inspiring. Perfect card for a special friend.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...