Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Sunflower Sympathy Card


We all need sympathy cards from time to time and this is one I'm adding to my stash for those unfortunate times.


The Fall theme fits the challenge at Double Trouble

The stamped images fit the challenge at Heart 2 Heart Challenge.

This card is also entered into the Anything Goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp It.




Normally I'm not a bit fan of the warm colors except when it comes to Fall! In Fall I embrace the warm colors and have a lot of fun with them. 

I love this sunflower set and paired with our Hawthorn paper packet its a real winner! I've also seen this sunflower in a lot of non-traditional colors and it's gorgeous. So I'll be trying that out, too. But for now I stamped the images in black and colored them in with our new Tri-Blend markers for the yellow, leaves and butterfly. I added some sparkle with our shimmer brushes along with some sparkle on the ribbon. There are matching Thin Cut dies for the images so no fussy cutting here although you can get the set without the Thin Cuts if you wish.





Hawthorn Paper Packet                                         Sunflower Sympathy + Thin Cuts


Close To My Heart Products also used for this project

  • White Cards & Envelopes Value Pack
  • Cardstock: White Daisy
  • Exclusive Inks: Intense Black, Sage, Charcoal, Paprika, Sapphire
  • Tri-Blend Markers: True Blue, Light Green, Light Yellow
  • White & Gold Ribbon
  • Tools: Thin 3D Foam Tape, Shimmer Brushes: Gold, Sapphire

If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I'd love to have  you on my team.

I hope you enjoyed my card. Be sure to check out the challenges at Double Trouble and Heart 2 Heart Challenges. 

Thanks for stopping by. Come back often for more ideas and inspiration. 

Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #cardmaking #ctmh #sympathycards 

6 comments:

  1. Someone else used that design paper for the border and I thought it was corrugated paper only to see it's one of the design papers...really has a lot of dimension. Love the layout and the die cuts and stamps you used on your project. In fact it may meet the sketch at AHSC (check it out) and for sure it meets the requirement for our partner at Double Trouble this challenge. You may want to add these to your post as other entries. everything I saw that corrugated border, is that the design paper in the pack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your coloring of the sunflowers.

    Diana @ PlayingWithoutLimits
    Playingwithoutlimits.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, sistah. Hope you had a wonderful birthday! I'm back in town now, so we should set a stamp date! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Michelle! I love the sunflower paired with that sangria plaid! Thank you for joining us at Heart 2 Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, impeccably made, Michelle! I can tell you live in Kansas after seeing the perfect coloring of those sunflowers. I thought the corrugated paper was just that - clever use of patterned paper. Thank you for playing along at Double Trouble Challenge #37.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card; very FALLy. ;)

    Thank you so much for playing with us at Heart 2 Heart!

    H2H Moderator

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Slimline Floral ~ Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #575

 Welcome to a new sketch challenge from our team at Atlantic Hearts. Here is a fun slimline sketch that I know you'll love to create wit...