Friday, November 22, 2019

Rustic Style Christmas Card ~ Color Dare #370

Welcome to the newest color challenge from the Design Team at Color My Heart Color Dare! Each Friday we challenge you with a color palette to create any paper craft you like. Use only the colors we give you in the palette. Do not add any extra colors or we will have to DQ you and that really makes us sad. This color dare is simple in that we challenge you with any browns and just ONE other color.

Honestly, I found this to be a pretty good challenge as I am not a fan of browns. So it was a good time to put those creative juices to work and step outside of the box. I'm very pleased with what happened while outside that box!

I've been having so much fun with this ornament stamp set I thought I'd try to work it in browns for this challenge. I struggled for a while but then it started coming together. I knew I wanted to use red for my "one other color" so that worked for the ornament. I stamped the deer and Believe in dark brown but the background needed something. Hmmmmmmm. I decided to emboss with our snowflake folder but that still wasn't enough. I decided to use some sandpaper to distress a b it of the snowflakes and that was IT! I sat and thought a bit more but decided I was at the line you don't want to cross. You know that line. You think just one more detail, you go for it and then realize you went to far crossing that line. LOL


Inside of card








Custom Ornaments Thin Cuts





For the Tree

Other Close To My Heart products used for this card
  • Cardstock: Espresso, Candy Apple, Almond
  • Exclusive Inks: Espresso, Candy Apple
  • Snowflake Embossing Folder
  • Thin 3D Foam Tape
  • Sand paper
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I would love to have you on my team!

Be sure to check out our Color My Heart Color Dare home page for more ideas from our Design Team! Click on the name to go to their blog for info about their creation. While on their blog leave a comment to give a smile! Our home page is also where you link your creation for the challenge.

We can't wait to see what you create! 

Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #colordare #colormyheart #ctmh #cardmaking #colorchallenge

3 comments:

  1. I'm in with you, always like red and browns together and love the embossed snowflake background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great thin cut and embossing folder use :) Love the dark brown with the red.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...