Friday, January 17, 2020

Cutting It Close Challenge

This challenge was a lot of fun to do! The Heart 2 Heart team is challenging us to show off different cutting techniques. That's easy because there is always something you need to cut in some way when you're crafting.

I couldn't wait to show this card once it was finished. I just got the Country Dragonfly stamp set with Thin Cut die and couldn't wait to use it! I also wanted to use the new Stitched Bracket Thin Cut that came in the same package. Don't you love it when you get new toys in the mail? I sure do. 

The Dreamy Holographic paper was calling out to me for this project so after starting the dragonfly in Intense Black ink I used a Water Brush to color the image picking up ink from the Bluebird and Thistle ink pads. I used the Thin Cuts for the layers and added some corners with the holographic paper, too. Dreamy Holographic paper has a green to blue look to it for the most part. Depending on how the light hits it you can also see a purple/pink tone. It's very hard to photograph to give you the full effect but trust me it's beautiful!

I got out my Vellum to create a soft background and stamped a sentiment on it. Be careful to let the ink dry on the Vellum or it will smear. The sentiment comes from the Floral Borders stamp set and was also used on the inside of the card. The final touch was tp add some Bitty Sparkles and paint the wings with Clear Shimmer. Oh the dragonfly is popped up a bit with Thin 3D Foam Tape.

I didn't stamp a sentiment on the inside yet. I'll do that when I use the card.


Close-up of dragonfly

Inside of card

If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I'd love to have you on my team.


Be sure to check out the Heart 2 Heart challenge and join in the fun! You can follow me here on my blog or on Pinterest, Facebook or Instagram. That way you won't miss any of the goodies!

Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #cardmaking #heart2heart

1 comment:

  1. Love the dragon fly with that holographic paper. Now I really need to give that paper a try. Thank you for joining us at Heart 2 Heart!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...